MS2223 – THURSDAY 4:00 | HIP HOP (Ages 7.5-9.5) (Halliday)
WHAT IS HIP HOP?
This popular, energetic form of dance allows dancers to perform with freedom of movement, adding in their own personalities. This class is inspired by today’s latest music and hippest trends in dance. Age appropriate hip hop music and movement is used for each class.
BENEFITS: Self confidence, coordination, social interaction, musicality, endurance.
WHAT TO WEAR?
At Reach, it is very important to be dressed appropriately for each dance class you take! Just like you wouldn't wear a tutu to soccer practice, we would prefer you save your soccer uniform for the field! Likewise, the same thing you wear to jazz class may not be appropriate for ballet class. Dressing appropriately gives dancers confidence! It helps teachers better see body lines so they can help you become the best dancer you can be.
REACH DRESS CODE + SHOE REQUIREMENTS FOR FOR HIP HOP:
Anything comfortable to move in, such as leggings, joggers, hoodies, t-shirts, etc. Any style sneakers (without dark soles). Hair pulled up.
REACH FOR THE BARRES is a studio specializing in the development and needs of today’s young dancer with non-competitive nurturing dance classes gently encouraging your child’s self esteem with age appropriate expectations and the joy of dance. We are focused on putting the FUN in Fundamentals and the Foundations of dancing!
Our program is based upon multiple-class lessons which we believe offers the best opportunity for children to learn, improve upon and combine new skills and routines, develop their dancing abilities and improve their mind, body and soul. We focus on teaching the whole child with developmentally appropriate programs, as well as age appropriate dancing, music, and attire. Our children grow up so fast, and we want to remove the pressure and competition, and give them more moments, to create, explore, and dancing like no one is watching.
Our mission is to offer an alternative to traditional dance studios, one that looks at teaching from an innovative and conceptual approach with dance education, keeping it simple and stress free, and allowing kids to just be kids, opening a door for dancers to fall in love not just with the performance but with the dance itself.
Our main season runs like a 9-month, academic calendar, which simply means students enrolled in September are guaranteed their spot in class for our entire season as long as your account remains in good standing.
REACH FOR THE BARRES MAIN SEASON
Saturday, September 10th, 2022 – Friday, June 2nd, 2023
First Payment: Fall Trimester | September 10th – December 2nd | $350
Second Payment: Winter Trimester | December 3rd - March 3rd | $350
Third Payment: Spring Trimester | March 4th – June 2nd | $350
Recital Date: Saturday, June 3rd, 2023 | Students Must Be Enrolled Before Our January 2023 To Be Eligible For Our Annual Recital
STUDENTS MUST BE AGE APPROPRIATE FOR THIER CLASS' AGE RANGE BY SEPTEMBER 1, 2022 (this is for class enrollment, at any point in the season). Please be sure to enroll in a AGE APPROPRIATE classes only. Not following this guideline, may cost dancers the opportunity for enrollment in an appropriate class, and will certainly guarantee your registration is canceled. Dancers will grow together in class, and work on their development together throughout the season, culminating to our end-of-the-year recital (booked for June 3rd).
Because of the limited capacity and high demand ALL REACH tuition (and fees) are NON-REFUNDABLE. NO MAKEUPS, CREDITS or REFUNDS will be given for dropped, missed or canceled classes, camps or events; this includes in-studio, virtual, mobile/outdoor and/or private lessons. Even if you know you will miss ahead of time.
There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy. NOR TRANSFERS.
COVID-19 Policy Update: If classes are cancelled due to mandated restrictions everyone will be credited for a future date. NO refunds will be given.
All enrolling dance families must agree to all of our TERMS + CONDITIONS.
**2021 CAMP CREDIT, WHICH WAS MADE CLEAR WOULD BE RESERVED FOR CAMPS ONLY on 01/18/2022 is now being applied appropriately after camp deposits and service fees are deducted reduced amount to $350.00, and is now being applied to 2022/2023 Main Season Payment One Tuition Fees in the amount of $350.00 for: Clementine Halliday | 05/13/2014 | Age 8 | Christina Halliday | 646-460-4809 | firstname.lastname@example.org
By completing enrollment in our 2022/2023 Main Season Class with Miss Alyssa, Thursdays at 4PM you are agreeing you have been made aware of our policies, and agree to all our terms, conditions and policies moving forward, understanding this is the only exception being made to the policies in place to protect our studio and the livelihoods of our staff, their families and our community for you Clementine or any member of your family. No further credit will be issued for any previous or future enrollment. **
UPON ENROLLING YOU WILL RECEIVE A FEW EMAILS:
We encourage you to save our email addresses to ensure confirmations + announcements from reaching your inbox -
- Class confirmation email from "email@example.com"
- Receipt & confirmation of purchase.
REACH FOR THE BARRES CLASS POLICIES:
Upon signing up for RFTB classes, you agree to the following policies -
· All dancers must be age appropriate for class by September 1, 2022, no exceptions.
· All dancers are expected to follow our dress coded and shoe requirements.
· All dancers must be potty trained to attend any transitioned class. Mini + Me classes are excluded.
· Classes are drop off only. We encourage kids' confidence in all of our classes is no exception. Kids only, please! Mini + Me classes are excluded. They may be viewed from our closed circuit cameras remotely. Access is given prior to first class to the email address used to register.
· Because of the limited capacity and high demand of RFTB classes, we do not offer makeups, refunds or credits for missed classes, even if you know you will miss ahead of time.
· Class enrollment is nontransferable. Class spots cannot be given or transferred to another child, including siblings.
· Late pickups are subject to late fees.
· Classes lengths: for our toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners [ages 5/6 and under] are 45 mins | 1st - 3rd Graders [Ages 6/7 - 8/9] are 50 mins | 4th Graders and up are 60 mins
COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS AND PROTOCOLS:
With the ever-changing safety standards regarding COVID-19, we will be implementing the most up to date safety protocols, and will update those enrolled if any changes occur -
· All of our faculty is fully vaccinated (+boosted; to-date), and will continue to stay up-to-date on vaccinations as eligibility becomes available.
·While we strongly recommend mask be worn, MASK ARE OPTIONAL for our students inside our facility. All adults invited into the studio will be expected to mask up until otherwise notified or noted.
· Class sizes are limited.
· Check-in and drop-off at back doors, unless otherwise noted.
· All REACH tuition (and fees) are NON-REFUNDABLE.
· NO CREDITS or REFUNDS will be given for dropped, missed or canceled classes, at anytime; this includes in-studio, virtual, mobile/outdoor and/or private lessons.
· There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy. As well as NO TRANSFERS.
· To cancel your enrollment please complete a CANCELLATION REQUEST
PAYMENT POLICIES + FINE PRINT:
· Full session enrollment is required.
· Trimester Payments are due before the first class of each trimester.
· Any Payment Made after the first class of the trimester is subject to a $30, late fee.
· Teachers are subject to change as needed.
· Our enrollment will remain ongoing in classes with availability, until January at which point enrollment for our main season will close.
· We reserves the right to refuse service. And any family who cannot abide or respect our policies may be asked to leave at no cost to the studio.
Be sure you have thoroughly read, fully understand that by enrolling that you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of these Terms & Conditions as there will be no refunds. These Terms & Conditions will govern your child’s current and future participation in Reach For The Barres dance program.
Out of stock